- Creative, artistic and technical participation must be proportional to the financial participation of each co-producer (at least 1 creative personnel, 1 technician, 1 lead actor and 1 supporting actor).
- Location shooting in a third-party country, if the script or action so requires, may exceptionally be permitted.
- Participation of third-party country performers or technicians, should the coproduction so require, may exceptionally be permitted, subject to approval by the competent authorities.
- Third country may join the coproduction if linked to Austria and Italy by a film co-production agreement.
- For film of exceptional artistic value or for which production costs are higher than the overage film costs in the majority coproducing country, the minority contribution can exceptionally be reduced to no less than 20%.
- Financial participation alone of maximum 20% may be exceptionally allowed.