- Artistic and technical contribution must be proportional to coproduction investments, exceptions must approved by the competent authorities of the coproducing countries.
- At least 1 creative personnel, 1 lead actor, 1 supporting actor and 1 technician; a leading performer may be counterbalanced by no less than 2 qualified technicians.
- Directors, performers and technical staff shall be Italian, Portuguese or member state nationals.
- Participation of non-member state performers or technicians may exceptionally be permitted, subject to prior approval of the competent authorities of both coproducing countries.
- Location shooting shall be done in the coproducing countries, shooting in a third-party country if the script so requires may be permitted, subject to prior approval of the competent authorities of both coproducing countries.
- Third-country producers may join the co-production, if their country is linked either to Italia or Portugal by a films co-production agreement.
- Location interior shooting, post-production and lab work shall preferably be done in the major coproducing country.
- Exceptionally may be considered as co-productions films of particular artistic or spectacular value with production budget= or > ITL 2 000 000 000 or equivalent in Portuguese scudos, with a minority participation of no less than 20% which may be limited to a financial contribution alone.