- An overall balance must be achieved with respect to financial participation, as well as to the creative staff, technicians, performers and technical resources (studios and laboratories).
- For the minority coproducer, at least three technicians, one leading performer and two supporting performers.
- All participants in the coproduction must be Canadian or Czech, or permanent residents of Canada or residents in Czech Republic. Participation of one third-party country performer may be permitted, subject to the approval by the competent authorities.
- Live action shooting and animation works must be carried out alternately in Canada and in Czech Republic. Location shooting in a third-party country is permitted if the script so requires and if technicians from Canada and the Czech Republic take part in the shooting.
- Application for benefits under this agreement for any co-production must be made simultaneously to both administrations at least thirty days before shooting begins.