- Producers must have adequate technical organization, financial support, recognized professional standing and qualifications to bring the production to a successful conclusion
- Director, actors, authors and all participants shall be Estonian or Israelian German nationals or permanent residents, or nationals of a member state of the EU.
- The participation of professionals from third countries may participate, may be permitted, in exceptional circumstances, and subject to the approval of the Competent Authorities.
- The co-producers shall be required to make an effective technical and creative contribution, proportional to their financial investment in the coproduction film. The technical and creative contribution should be comprised of the combined share of authors, performers, technical-production personal, laboratories and facilities
- Competent Authorities in special cases, authorize that the respective contributions by the producers of the two countries vary from 10% to 90%
- An application for approval shall be made simultaneously to the competent authorities at least two months before shooting of the film is due to start.