- Each co-producer shall be required to make an effective technical and creative contribution. In principle, this contribution shall be in proportion to his investment.
- Location shooting, exterior or interior, in a third-party country, is allowed if the script or action so requires and if technicians from the coproducing countries take part in the shooting.
- Participation of third-party performers, should the co-production so require, subject to approval by the competent authorities.
- Lab work in a third-party country is allowed if technically impossible in the coproducing countries, and subject to the approval of the competent authorities.
- All the participants in the coproduction must be Canadian or Icelandic citizens, or permanent residents of Canada or of Iceland.