- Each coproducer must contribute financially, technically and artistically proportionally to their financial participation
- Production companies must have a sound technical and financial set-up and professional experience recognized by the competent authority
- Those involved in the making of the film must be Mexican or Swiss nationals or with an official residency permit. Actors from third country(ies) must be approved by the competent authorities
- Shooting in a third country is allowed if required by the script. Post-production must take place in CH and MX
- Coproduction with a thrid party country is allowed if under an official coproduction treaty with CH or MX and cannot be lower than 20%
- In general, the film is registered at film festivals as an entry of the majority coproducer or by a coproducer which provides the director. By mutual agreement of the film can also be registered by both of them.
- Coproductions must have received approval from the competent authorities of the two contracting parties before the start of shooting.