- The minority co-producer shall be required to make an effective technical and creative contribution propotional, in principle, to its contribution. In any case his creative and technical contribution shall include at least 1 author, 1 key technician, 1 lead actor and 1 supporting actor.
- If the scenario or the subject of the film so requires, location shooting, exterior or interior, in a country not participating in the co-production may be authorized.
- All the participants in the coproduction must be nationals of Canada or Italy, or permanent residents of Canada, or nationals of EU.
- The participation of performers who are not citizens of one of the co-producing countries may be permitted, but only in exceptional circumstances, and subject to agreement between the competent authorities of both countries. However, foreign performers who are normally resident and employed in Canada or Italy may, in exceptional circumstances, take part in coproduction as residents of one or the other of the said countries.
- No minority contribution to such films shall be less than 20% of the budget. The creative and technical contributions shall conform to this percentage.