- The minority co-producer shall be required to make an effective technical and creative contribution. In principle, this contribution shall be in proportion to his investment and should comprise the participation of a combination of creative personnel, technicians, performers (in either leading or supporting roles or both) and facilities.
- Each minority co-producer in such a co-production shall be obliged to make an
- The producers, writers and directors, of co-productions, as well as the technicians, performers and other production personnel participating in such co-productions, must be Canadian or Mexican citizens, or permanent residents of Canada or Mexico.
- Location shooting, exterior or interior, in a third-party country, if the script or action so requires and if technicians from the coproducing countries take part in the shooting.
- Lab work in a third-party country if technically impossible in the coproducing countries, and subject to the approval of the competent authorities.
- Participation of third-party country performers, should the coproduction so require, subject to approval by the competent authorities.
Any departures from those principles must be approved by the competent authorities of both countries.