- Creative, artistic and technical participation must be proportional, in principle, to the financial participation of each coproducer.
- All participants in the coproduction must have Austrian citizenship or the nationality of a member state of the European Economic Area or citizens or permanent residents of Canada. The participation of third-party country performers is permitted, subject to agreement between the competent authorities.
- Live action shooting and animation works must, in principle, be carried out either in Canada or in Austria. Location shooting, exterior or interior, in a third-party country, are allowed, if the script or action so requires and if technicians from the coproducing countries take part in the shooting.
- Lab work in a third-party country if technically impossible in the coproducing countries may be permitted.
- Twinning arrangement may be considered as co-productions and receive the same benefits, with the approval of the competent authorities.
- Application for benefits under this agreement must be made simultaneously to both administrations at least thirty days before shooting begins.