Terms & Conditions of Use
Welcome to our website (the “Website“), the largest database on public funding for film and TV (the “Services”). The Website is operated by SAS Online film Financing – OLFFI, which complete information is provided in the “Legal Information” section (“OLFFI” or “us”).
By accessing the Website and/or using the Services, you agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions of Use (the “Terms“). If you have any queries about the Website or these Terms, you can contact us by any of the means set out in paragraph 14 of these Terms. If you do not agree with these Terms, you should leave the Website and stop using the Services immediately.
2. Eligibility and Registration
In order to make use of certain parts of the Services, you will need to register an account with us. In order to do so, you must (a) satisfy the minimum age requirement; (b) provide us with complete and accurate registration information; (c) select a username and password.
You acknowledge that you will be responsible for all activities which take place under your username and for keeping your password secure. If you become aware of any actual, threatened or suspected unauthorised use of your username and/or any other breach of security, you agree to notify us immediately. You may cancel your account with us at any time by following the instructions on the registration pages. We may terminate your account with us for any or no reason, at any time, with or without notice and without liability.
In order to use the Services, you will require access to the world-wide web. You are responsible for any connection, service and other fees associated with such access and for providing all equipment necessary to enable you to connect to the world-wide web (including a computer and modem or other access device).
3. General Rules Relating to Conduct
The Services are made available for your own, personal use. The Services must not be used for any commercial purpose whatsoever or for any illegal or unauthorised purpose. When you use the Services you must comply with all applicable French laws relating to online conduct (including, without limitation, content which can be posted online) and with any applicable international laws, including the local laws in your country of residence (together referred to as “Applicable Laws“).
4. Content Submitted to the Website (Applicable to OLFFI’s Partners)
If you are a partner and as such are entitled to post or modify content on the Website, you are responsible for any information, data, text, music, software, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other content (“Content“) which you post or upload and/or display (in public or privately) to the Website. OLFFI may (but shall not be obliged to) delete, edit, lock, move or remove any Content without notice and for any reason and/or to record the IP address from which any Content is posted, uploaded and/or displayed without notice and for any reason, including, without limitation, Content which, in our sole discretion, violates these Terms or is or may be irrelevant, out of date, inappropriate or objectionable in any way whatsoever, or in respect of which OLFFI receives any complaint (whether justified or not). By posting, uploading and/or displaying any Content to the Website you warrant that: (a) you own all intellectual property and proprietary rights in such Content or that you have a licence from the owner of such rights to post, upload and/or display such Content on the Website; and (b) the posting, uploading and/or displaying of such Content on the Website and the grant of the licence to OLFFI (on the terms set out below) will not infringe the intellectual property or proprietary rights of any third party.
If you upload, post or otherwise transmit any Content to the Website, you automatically: (a) grant other users of the Website and the Website Service the right to access the same and use it in accordance with these Terms, and (b) grant OLFFI a non-exclusive, royalty free, sub-licensable, perpetual, world-wide licence to use, modify, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute such Content: (i) on and through the Website and the Services and in all promotional materials relating thereto; and (ii) in any other form or medium (including but not limited to other future publications) provided that OLFFI have obtained your prior permission to do so. You continue to own the Content after it is posted to the Website.
You acknowledge that OLFFI will not screen or otherwise check any Content which is submitted by you or any other user of the Services before it is posted, not monitor yours or any person’s use of the Services. As such, you are responsible for any Content you submit to the. You may take down any Content you have submitted to the Website at any time. If you become aware of any misuse of the Services by any person including (without limitation) any posting of Content which violates these Terms, please contact us by following the instructions set out in paragraph 14 of these Terms.
5. Specific Rules relating to Conduct
As a partner or a user of the Websites, you agree that when using the Services you will comply with all Applicable Laws (as defined in paragraph 3), these Terms and you acknowledge that you are responsible for all acts and omissions which occur under your user-name. In particular, but without limitation, you agree not to:
1. Upload, post or otherwise display Content which is or promotes behaviour which violates the rights (including, without limitation, the intellectual property rights) of a third party or which is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, flaming, hateful, offensive (whether in relation to sex, race, religion or otherwise) harassing, hateful, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, invasive of another’s privacy, solicits personal information from anyone under the age of 18 years, or contains any illegal content; or
2. Upload, post or otherwise display any Content which contains software viruses or any other files or programs that may interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of the Website or the Website Service or any server or networks connected to the Website or another’s computer, or that contains any chain letters, pyramid-selling schemes, bulk mail, junk mail or similar; or
3. Upload, post or otherwise display any Content containing a photograph of another person unless you have obtained that person’s consent; or
4. Upload, post or otherwise display any Content for any commercial or business purpose including (without limitation) any Content which contains any advertising or promotional materials; or
5. Restrict or in any way inhibit any other person’s use of the Website or the Website Service; or
6. Upload, post or otherwise display any Content which is false, misleading, un-necessary and/or repetitive including any Content which is inaccurate, out of date or repeats that previously uploaded, posted or displayed by you or another visitor, unless absolutely necessary; or
7. Upload, post or otherwise transmit any Content to a part of the Website which is irrelevant to the subject matter of the Content; or
8. Harvest or collect any IP addresses or email addresses or other contact information of any members of the Website, by electronic means or otherwise; or
9. Register an account with us under more than one user name and/or user account number; or
10. Use the Website or Services in a manner that is inconsistent with these Terms and/or any Applicable Laws in force from time to time or in a manner which promotes or encourages illegal activity; or
11. Breach the terms of any suspension or ban or seek alternative access; or
12. Use or solicit any other account holder’s personal data for any purpose other than establishing non-commercial, lawful contact that such account holder would reasonably expect to welcome; or
13. Submit Content owned by a third party without consent from that third party or submit Content in a manner which expressly or impliedly infers that such Content is sponsored or endorsed by the Website; or
14. Use the Website in any unlawful manner or in a manner which promotes or encourages illegal activity or in a manner which could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Website or the Website Service; or
15. Attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Website or any networks, servers or computer systems connected to the Website; or
16. Modify, adapt, translate or reverse engineer any part of the Website or use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other device to retrieve or index any part of the Website or re-format or frame any portion of the web pages comprising the Website, unless permitted by law; or
17. Remove or obstruct from view any advertisements and/or any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices contained on or in the Website; or
18. Contact any other user of the Website if they have expressly asked you not to; or
19. Attempt to impersonate any other user or account holder of the Website or the Services; or
20. Use the username and/or password of any other account holder of the Website or disclose your password to any other person. You agree to indemnify OLFFI in full and on demand from and against any loss, damage, costs or expenses which it suffers or incurs directly or indirectly as a result of your use of the Website and/or the Services, and any use of the same under your username other than in accordance with these Terms or Applicable Law.
The copyright in all material contained on, in, or available through the Website including all information, data, text, music, sound, photographs, graphics and video messages, the selection and arrangement thereof, and all source code, software compilations and other material (“Material“) is owned by or licensed to OLFFI. All rights are reserved. You can view, print or download (when such functionalities are offered) extracts of the Material for your own personal use but you cannot otherwise copy, edit, vary, reproduce, publish, display, distribute, store, transmit, commercially exploit, disseminate in any form whatsoever or use the Material (other than Content posted by you) without OLFFI’s express permission. You must not frame or link to the Website or any part of it without our permission.
The trademarks, service marks, and logos (“Trade Marks“) contained on or in the Website are owned by OLFFI or its partners. You cannot use, copy, edit, vary, reproduce, publish, display, distribute, store, transmit, commercially exploit or disseminate the Trade Marks without the prior written consent of OLFFI.
7. Link to Third Parties
The Website may contain links to websites operated by third parties (“Third Party Websites“). OLFFI may monetise some of these links. Notwithstanding said hypothesis, OLFFI does not have any influence or control over any such Third Party Websites and, unless otherwise stated, is not responsible for and does not endorse any Third Party Websites or their availability or contents.
9. Disclaimer / Liability
USE OF THE WEBSITE AND/OR THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE AND THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY. OLFFI IS DOING REASONABLE EFFORT TO KEEP THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON THE WEBSITE UP TO DATE. SAID INFORMATION SHALL NOT BE TAKEN AS A PROFESSIONAL ADVICE AND YOU ARE REQUIRED TO CHECK ALL THE INFORMATION AT SOURCE AND ALWAYS SEEK THE ASSISTANCE OF A PROFESSIONAL COUNSEL BEFORE USING IT FOR ENTERING INTO A TRANSACTION WITH A THIRD PARTY OR WHATEVER PURPOSE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW: (A) OLFFI DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY WHATSOEVER, WHETHER ARISING IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE IN RELATION TO THE WEBSITE AND/OR THE SERVICES; AND (B) ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS RELATING TO THE WEBSITE AND/OR THE SERVICES (WHETHER IMPLIED BY STATUTE, COMMON LAW OR OTHERWISE), INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) ANY WARRANTY, TERM OR CONDITION AS TO ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, FITNESS FOR PURPOSE OR ANY SPECIAL PURPOSE, AVAILABILITY, NON INFRINGEMENT, INFORMATION ACCURACY, INTEROPERABILITY, QUIET ENJOYMENT AND TITLE ARE, AS BETWEEN OLFFI AND YOU, HEREBY EXCLUDED. IN PARTICULAR, BUT WITHOUT PREJUDICE TO THE FOREGOING, OLFFI ACCEPTS NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE CONDUCT OF ANY USER AND/OR ACCOUNT HOLDER OF THE WEBSITE AND/OR SERVICES; ANY ERROR, DELAY OR FAILURE IN THE TRANSMISSION OF ANY COMMUNICATION BETWEEN USERS AND/OR ACCOUNT HOLDERS; ANY TECHNICAL FAILURE OF THE INTERNET, THE WEBSITE AND/OR THE SERVICES; OR ANY DAMAGE OR INJURY TO USERS OR THEIR EQUIPMENT AS A RESULT OF OR RELATING TO THEIR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICES.
OLFFI will not be liable, in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), under statute or otherwise, as a result of or in connection with the Website and/or the Services, for any: (i) economic loss (including, without limitation, loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings); or (ii) loss of goodwill or reputation; or (iii) special or indirect or consequential loss.
10. Access Restriction and Service Suspension or Termination
OLFFI reserves the right in its sole discretion to deny you access to the Website and/or the Services, or any part thereof, with or without notice and for any reason including, without limitation, if you fail to comply with any provision of Article 5 (Member Conduct) or any other provision of these Terms. OLFFI reserves the right to suspend or cease providing all or any of the Website Service, without notice, and shall have no liability or responsibility to you in any manner whatsoever if it chooses to do so.
11. Advertisers on the Website
We accept no responsibility for adverts posted on the Website. If you agree to purchase services from or be advised by any third party who advertises on the Website, you do so at your own risk. The advertiser, not OLFFI, is responsible for such services and/or advises and if you have any queries or complaints in relation to them, your only recourse is against the advertiser.
12. Copyright Policy
It is our policy to terminate any person’s account or partnership with us if they repeatedly infringe the intellectual property or proprietary rights of others. If you believe any of your work has been copied and posted on the Website in a way which infringes your intellectual property or proprietary rights, please contact us by any of the means set out in paragraph 14. You will need to provide us with the following information: (i) a description of the work that you claim has been infringed and a description of the alleged infringing copy of it; (ii) a description of where the alleged infringing copy has been posted on the Website; (iii) your contact details; (iv) a written statement, signed by you, to confirm that you are the owner of the work or you are authorised to act on the owner’s behalf and the information you have provided to us is accurate to the best of your knowledge and belief.
These Terms (as amended from time to time) constitute the entire agreement between you and OLFFI concerning your use of the Website and the Services and supersede any previous arrangement, agreement, undertaking or proposal, written or oral between you and OLFFI in relation to such matters.
OLFFI reserves the right to update these Terms from time to time. If it does so, the updated version will be effective as soon as it is uploaded on to this the Website and your continued use of the Services following any changes constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms. You are responsible for regularly reviewing these Terms so that you are aware of any changes to them. No other variation to these Terms shall be effective unless in writing and signed by an authorised representative on behalf of OLFFI. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with French law and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Paris in relation to any dispute arising out of or relating to these Terms and/or your use of the Website and/or the Services.
If any provision(s) of these Terms is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, then such provision(s) shall be construed, as nearly as possible, to reflect the intentions of the parties (as reflected in the provision(s)) and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
OLFFI’s failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by OLFFI in writing.
14. Contact us
You can contact OLFFI at firstname.lastname@example.org