- Creative, artistic and technical participation must be proportional to the financial participation of each co-producer.
- Artistic and technical personnel shall be citizens or permanent residents of one of the coproducing country. Participation of third-party performers, should the coproduction so require, may be permitted, subject to approval by the competent authorities of both countries.
- Third country producers may join the co-production, if their country is linked either to Canada or Estonia by a films co-production agreement. Effective artistic and technical contribution is required.
- Location shooting, exterior or interior, in a third-party country may be permitted if the script or action so requires and if technicians from the coproducing countries take part in the shooting.
- Lab work in a third-party country may be permitted if technically impossible in the coproducing countries, subject to the approval of the competent authorities.
- Twinning arrangement may be considered, with the approval or competent authorities, as co-production. In this case, the minority participation may be limited to a financial contribution alone.