- The coproduction countries must take part in the shooting.
- An effective technical and/or creative contribution is made by both coproducers.
- The producers, writer(s) and director(s) of the co-production, as well as the technicians, performers and other production personnel participating in the co-production are Japanese nationals or Canadian citizens, or permanent residents of Japan or Canada.
- Participation of third-party performers, should the film so require, subject to approval by the competent authorities.
- Lab work in a third-party country if technically impossible in the coproducing countries, and subject to the approval of the competent authorities.