- Location shooting, exterior or interior, in a third-party country, if the script or action so requires and if technicians from the coproducing countries take part in the shooting.
- Participation of third-party country performers, should the coproduction so require, subject to approval by the competent authorities.
- Lab work in a third-party country may be allowed if technically impossible in the coproducing countries, and subject to the approval of the competent authorities.
- Effective technical and creative contribution by each coproducer propotional, in principle, to their investment, exceptions must be approved at the discretion of the competent authorities of both countries.
- All the participants in the coproduction must be nationals of Canada or Norway, or permanent residents of Canada or residents of Norway. They can also be nationals of member states of the European Economic Area (EEA) provided that the participation of personnel from both Canada and Norway is of obvious importance.