- The first market must be theatrical for both countries
- Production companies must have a sound technical and financial set-up and professional experience recognized by the competent authority
- Production companies must respectively comply with the applicable Spanish or French regulations,
- Artistic and technical staff must be nationals of either Spain or France, or nationals of one of the member states of the European Union
- Minority coproducer contribution has to include technical, artistic and creative participation proportional to his investment
- Studio shooting shall preferably take place in studios located within majority coproduction country
- Co-produced films shall be shown at international festivals by the country providing the majority co-producer or, in the event of equal financial participation, by the co-producing country of which the director is a national.