- Creative, artistic and technical participation must be proportional, in principle, to the financial participation of each coproducer.
- All participants in the coproduction must be citizens or permanent residents of Canada or Bulgaria. Participation of third-party performers, if required by the coproduction, may be permitted, subject to approval by the competent authorities.
- Live action shooting and animation works must, in principle, be carried out alternately in Canada and in Bulgaria. Location shooting, exterior or interior, in a third-party country may be permitted, if required by the script and if technicians from the coproducing countries take part in the shooting.
- Lab work in a third-party country, if technically impossible in the coproducing countries, may be permitted, subject to the approval of the competent authorities.
- Twinning arrangement may be considered as coproductions and receive the same benefits, with the approval of the competent authorities.
- Application for benefits under this agreement must be made simultaneously to both administrations at least thirty days before shooting begins.