- Each co-producer shall be required to make an effective technical and creative contribution. In principle, this contribution shall be in proportion to his investment.
- The producers, writers and directors of co-productions, as well as the technicians, performers and other production personnel participating in such co-productions, must be citizens, or permanent residents of Canada or Cuba.
- Live action shooting and animation works such as storyboards, layout, key animation, in betweening and voice recording must, in principle, be carried out either in Canada or in Cuba.
- Location shooting in third-party country if script or action so requires and if technicians from Canada and Cuba take part in the shooting.
- Participation of one third-party country performer may be permitted, subject to the approval of the competent authorities.
- Lab work in a third-party country if technically impossible in the coproducing countries, and subject to the approval of the competent authorities.