- Production companies must have a sound technical and financial set-up and professional experience recognized by the competent authorities
- Production companies must respectively comply with the applicable Spanish or Portuguese regulations,
- Artistic and technical staff must be nationals or residents of either Spain or Portugal
- Minority coproducer contribution has to include technical, artistic and creative participation in proportion with his investment ; artists, technicians and directors, who are not nationals of Spain nor Portugal may be permitted, if required by the film, subject to the joint agreement of the authorities of both countries
- A case-by-case basis to the co-production of films between Spain and Portugal and countries with which either of them is bound by film co-production agreements is favoured by the competent authorities of the two countries
- Studio shooting shall preferably take place in studios located within majority coproduction country
- Co-produced films shall be shown at international festivals by the country providing the majority co-producer or, in the event of equal financial participation, by the co-producing country of which the director is a national.