- A French or English dubbing or subtitling must be done in one of the two coproducing countries. Article VII 2: "The dubbing or subtitling of each co-production into French and English or into Portuguese shall be carried out respectively in Canada or Brazil. Any departures from this principle must be approved by the competent authorities of both countries."
- Location shooting, exterior or interior, in a third-party country, if the script or action so requires and if technicians from the coproducing countries take part in the shooting.
- The producers, writers and directors of co-productions, as well as thetechnicians, performers and other production personnel participating in such co-productions, must be Canadian or Brazilian citizens, or permanent residents of Canada or Brazil. -Participation of one third-party country performer, should the coproduction so require, subject to approval by the competent authorities.
- Live action shooting and animation works such as storyboards, layout, key animation, in between and voice recording must, in principle, be carried out alternately in Canada and in Brazil.
- Each co-producer shall be required to make an effective technical and creative contribution. In principle, this contribution shall be in proportion to his investment.
- Lab work in a third-party country if technically impossible in the co-producing countries, and subject to the approval of the competent authorities.