- Each coproducer shall be required to make an effective technical and creative contribution, in principle in proportion to their investment.
- All participants in the coproduction must be nationals or permanent residents of Canada or Finland or a member state of the European Economic Area. Third-party country performers may be permitted, subject to agreement by the competent authorities.
- Live action shooting and animation works must, in principle, be carried out alternately in Canada and in Finland. Location shooting, exterior or interior, in a third-party country, may be permitted, if the script so requires and if technicians from the coproducing countries take part in shooting.
- Studio shooting must be carried out in one or other of the countries participating. If the script or action of the work so requires and if technicians from the two coproducing countries take part in the shooting, location shooting, exterior or interior, in a country not participating in the coproduction, may be authorized.
- Twinning arrangement may be considered as coproductions with the same benefits, under approval of the competent authorities.
- Lab work in a third-party country, if technically impossible in the coproducing countries, may be permitted, subject to the approval of the competent authorities.
- Application for benefits under this Agreement for any coproduction must be made simultaneously to both competent authorities at least thirty days before shooting begins.