- Departures from minimum staffing requirements may be approved by the competent authorities of both countries.
- Location shooting, exterior or interior, in a third-party country, if the script or action so requires, may be allowed if technicians from the coproducing countries take part in the shooting.
- Participation of third-party performers, should the coproduction so require, are allowed subject to approval by the competent authorities.
- The minority co-producer shall be required to make an effective technical and creative contribution. In principle, the contribution of the minority co-producer in technicians and performers shall be in proportion to his investment. Such contribution should include the participation of not less than 3 technicians, 1 performer in a leading role and 2 performers in a supporting role.
- All participants in the coproduction must be Canadian or Irish, or permanent residents of Canada or residents in Ireland or nationals of a member state of the EU.