- Location shooting, exterior or interior, in a third-party country, if the script or action so requires and if technicians from the coproducing countries take part in the shooting.
- Lab work in a third-party country if technically impossible in the coproducing countries, and subject to the approval of the competent authorities.
- Participation of third-party country performers, should the coproduction so require, subject to approval by the competent authorities.
- The producers, writers and directors of co-productions, as well as the technicians, performers and other production personnel participating in such co-productions, must be Canadian or Romanian citizens, or permanent residents of Canada or Romania.
- The minority co-producer shall be required to make an effective technical and creative contribution.